Friday 11 February 2011

In a moment of crisis.. try something new...!

A month ago I ran out of the red hair colour I use and was having a mega panic when I found out that the website I purchase it from was going through some business type change over which meant they were unable to trade. As my hair colour had faded and my roots (im naturally dark
brown) were showing I knew I had to do something.

I didn't want to use a different brand or shade of red and thought it'd be an ideal time to try something totally different! :)

I picked to try blonde, its a colour I've always wanted to try but never braved before. As my hair was red I would have to bleach the colour out, incase it went a terrible orange/yellow colour I brought a blue hair dye as a back up.

After alot of bleaching, blue shampoo (it takes the yellow tinge outa freshly bleached hair) and a XXL Ice Blonde hair dye my hair went from this....


to this.....!!


I've had the blonde for about 3 weeks now and it looked better than I thought it would, its a kinda strawberry blonde and a few of my tips are a browny ginger. Don't think its quite me but definately glad I tried it :) a few of my friends said it was a little too 'Normal' for me.

Finally the website I order my red from is back to trading and I have put my order in, 3 bottle... don't want another crisis moment of running out hehe!

Here's a pic of when I bleach my roots, didn't keep it as an actual hair style, just thought it looked "flamey" when i was drying it, so took a pic. Oh the little things keep me happy :)


Kerry x

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks great in all the pictures!
    Great style & love both the colours :)xx

    ReplyDelete