Tuesday 1 March 2011

Summer is on it's way!! Let the customising clothes commence... X

Today i've been toddling around Leeds in the sun, feeling pretty carefree and super happy... oh the joys of a few days off work hehe! I'm hoping if it's this nice tomorrow i'll go on a little shopping adventure to somewhere i've not been before... maybe Sheffield... Skipton.... Dewsbury?? Hmm still deciding... should really hurry up or i'll be stood at the train station tomorrow trying to pick while the lady at the counter gets slightly annoyed at me for holding up the queue of angry commuters.  Ek!

I visited the market and stocked up on a few crafty bits. While there I found the perfect 'item' to customise the wonderful green denim skirt that previously posted about.



I wanted to be able to wear it casual but also have the chance to wear it dressed up to so slashes and zips were a no go! As i'm currently loving all things corsetry I thought i'd work with that, After a bit of deciding I got these wonderful crafty bits together.

2 Swallow Patches - I adore clothing with Swallows on and have a few sets.
Grommet tape - this is so hard to get in the UK at a fair price so I did a bulk purchase from the USA a few years, it's my sewing 'Golddust' and only gets 
used on the best projects.
4 sew in suspenders - these were todays super bargain, there were in the 50p clearance box... totally made my day :)

*** An hour later my craft goodies and plain green skirt turned out like this! ***


I love that it's still kinda simple yet has something about it :). If I was going to be wearing it dressed up i'd team it with a black corset, knee high socks or stockings... clipped in of course! ;) and some killer heels!

For a dress down look i'd probably wear it with boots, a plain tee & leather jacket... maybe accessories it more! This then got me routing through my box of accessories... I found these great badges that I brought a few months ago and realised they'd be perfect! £1 - H&M bargain <3


Add a funky belt, some chain-age and WOLA...!! Dressed down it also looks ace... kinda grunge/punk!!


I'm pretty happy that i've started on my customised summer clothing as I left it really late last year. Doe's anyone else customise their clothing ready for summer? What trends is everyone lovin' for this summer?

Much Love & Happy Craftin'
Kerry X

1 comment:

  1. I love the swallows they are so cute :) The skirt looks fab with all the customising I definatley need to start customising more :)X

    ReplyDelete